Just like a doctor must sometimes explain some bad news before he can help his patient, God in his word must help us to understand our bad prognosis first. This opens ups the door for us to see the wonderful truth of God's love.
First the bad news.
Because of sin we are born separated from God. Without intervention, we cannot go to Heaven. This applies to the entire human race. You are not alone.
• Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
• Romans 3:10 says, "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"
• Romans 6:23a "For the wages of sin is death;"
• Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone:"
There is no amount of good works we can do to save ourselves from being eternally separated from God.
• Ephesians 2:8-9 say, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
To be separated from God forever, simply do nothing. To ignore or reject God's Son is the only sin that can keep a person out of Heaven and the only alternative to Heaven is eternal torment in the Lake of Fire (Revelation 20:15; 2 Thess. 1:7-9).
• John 3:18 "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
But there is good news!
There is a simple and free way to be reconciled with God. It is made possible by God's only Son Jesus. A blood sacrifice was needed to pay for your sins. Because Jesus was without sin, He came to be that sacrifice. He was nailed to a cross to shed His innocent blood to pay for your sin. Three days after His death, He rose from the dead.
Placing your complete trust in Jesus' death, burial and resurrection is God's one and only means of reaching Heaven.
• (John 14:6), "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life:, no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
• John 3:16 & 17 are clear. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."
The Bible clearly tells us how to be saved:
• Romans 10:9-10 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
This is a free gift from God because He loves you.
• Romans 6:23b "but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
• Romans 10:13 "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Are you ready to believe right now?
If so, simply tell God what he asked you to confess. You might use a prayer similar to this one:
"God, I admit to you that I am a sinner and I know I cannot do anything to earn my way to Heaven. I truly believe that Jesus died on the cross, was buried and rose from the grave. Please save me in Jesus' name, amen.")
When you determined in your heart to serve the Lord, be prepared for temptation from the evil one.
Satan, like a fisherman, baits his hook according to the appetite of the fish.
PO Box 19115
Chattanooga, TN 37416
1928 Hamill Rd.
Hixson, TN 37343
Sunday School 9:30 am
Worship Service 10:30 am
Sunday Evening 5:30 pm
Wednesday Evening Prayer & Bible Study 7:00 pm
Click here for information on how to get to heaven