1928 Hamill Road, Hixson TN 37343
To Know Him More and Help More Know Him
WHAT WE BELIEVE
The Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God (II Tim. 3:16)
The Trinity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19, 20)
The Bible's Teaching about an Eternal Hell for Unbelievers and An Eternal Heaven for the Redeemed (Matt. 25:46)
Creation of Man as Presented in Genesis (1:26, 27)
Scriptural Baptism of the Saved by Immersion (Acts 8:38)
The Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ (Matt. 1:20)
The Deity of Christ (Jn. 10:30)
The Sinless Blood of Jesus Christ is Necessary for Salvation (Eph. 1:7)
The Sin and Need of Salvation for Every Individual upon Earth Through Christ and Him Alone With No Works on the Part of Man (Acts 4:12; Rom. 3:23; Eph. 2:8, 9)
The Rapture of All Believers by Christ and Another Literal Coming Again In Glory with His Own to Establish the Millenium upon the Earth (1 Thess. 4:13-18; Rev. 20:6)
The Lord Himself Founded the Church and Established its Importance Until He Returns (Matt 16:18; 28:18-20)
HISTORY OF OUR CHURCH
On February 12, 1940, a small group of baptized believers met together in The Stuart Baptist Mission for the purpose of organizing The East Chattanooga Baptist Tabernacle. There were eight charter members. Bro. Frank Rich was voted as pastor.
Later, the Community Center Building at 2410 Dodson Avenue was purchased, and in May, 1941, the congregation began worshiping at this location. The church grew from a membership of ninety to a membership of over six hundred.
In 1965, the church purchased two and a half acres at what is now 3700 Bonnie Oaks Drive. The first service was held in the new building on July 20, 1969.
The church name was changed from East Chattanooga Baptist Tabernacle to Hamilton Baptist Church on October 8, 1995. Hamilton Baptist Church continues to be an evangelistic, independent Baptist church holding to the same biblical doctrine as always. It is a church where people love the Lord, souls, and one another.
In 2014, Hamilton Baptist Church purchased the facilities of the former Hamill Road Baptist Church, then owned by the International Board of Jewish Missions, located at 1928 Hamill Road, Hixson, TN. This ideal setting is at the intersection of Highway 153 and Hamill Road.
God has blessed the ministry of Hamilton Baptist Church, and we are looking forward to even greater blessings as we work together to win the lost and strengthen the believer until the return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Dr. Virgil Smith
Pastor Virgil Smith was born into a preacher's home in Charleston, WV. His father pastored several years in the Charleston area and surrounding counties. Currently, his brother is a pastor in Charleston and has been at the same church for thirty years.
Upon graduation from Herbert Hoover High School, Bro. Smith attended Bob Jones University where he received his B.A., M.A., and Ph.D. degrees. God then led Pastor Smith to Pennsylvania where he was involved in church planting. After serving seven years and purchasing eleven acres of land upon which they erected a new church building, Pastor Smith was called to pastor at Lindale Baptist Church near Cincinnati, Ohio where he pastored for eleven years. Dr. Smith also taught and served in administration at four Christian colleges part-time during his pastorates.
In 2013, he and Karen assumed the pastorate of Hamilton Baptist Church in Hixson, TN. He and his wife are happily involved in the ministry for Christ with the caring and loving congregation at HBC.
Bro. Jimmy Partain
Minister of Music
Jimmy Partain has served as Minister of Music for 25 years here at Hamilton Baptist Church. Before his call into the ministry, Bro. Jimmy graduated from Texas Tech University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. After his call, he graduated from Tennessee Temple University with a Bachelor of Arts in Sacred Music degree. His wife, Patricia, also assists him in the music ministry. Bro. Jimmy and Patricia have been married for 42 years.
"It is a privilege to serve my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, through music."